Whiteshill Primary school has been serving the village of Whiteshill and the surrounding area since 1712. The main school building as we know it today was built in 1887.
Ongoing improvements have resulted in the addition of four new classroom buildings and a new administration block. We have replaced fencing around the site improving safeguarding. The main building now houses the school hall which is also a fully equipped gym, the administration offices, a well stocked library and the staff room.
ICT facilities within the school are constantly being updated. Every classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard connected to a laptop for use by the teacher with a visualiser, which is a device to show children’s work. Each class also has access to laptops as required, digital cameras, video cameras and Learnpad tablets.
A secure playground lies to the front of the main building. To the side there is a climbing frame, slide and balancing equipment. There is also a planting area for growing vegetables and flowers and recent improvements have seen the addition of a sensory garden, a wildlife area and an Early Years outdoor learning area. Class 4 will be planning and developing their own special garden area.
In addition to the playground, the school has the use of the local playing fields, a five minute walk away, for sports activities and other events.
All school buildings and the grounds have full wheel-chair access.